🎙 Tapping into Shame with Natalie LeeJul 03, 2022
Welcome to Season 4 Episode 1!
In this week's episode, I chat with Natalie Lee, a content creator, author, podcast host and public speaker on a liberating road of disruption to challenge and help you shed your shame.
Following childhood trauma, Natalie was conditioned to view her body, sex and herself in a certain way which led to her not feeling complete and shameful. Natalie talks to us today about her powerful journey to pleasure and self-acceptance as we discuss the book she has written, Feeling Myself. I make no secret about how much I love this book and how I think it's a must-read for all women. Natalie shares with us about subjects that we possibly do not normally talk about with our friends and loved ones. We talk about the importance of questioning our own views around sex and how we can break any negative cycles we hold as well as how we can have important conversations about sexuality and sex within our households. This is a conversation that I know is going to have an impact.
- Therapy can be hugely powerful in your healing journey
- It was important to consider how her experience had conditioned her and how she could start to make better choices
- Sex can be pleasurable
- She introduces us to ethical porn from a female gaze by creator Erika Lust
- Women don’t connect with masturbation because they are told it's shameful and dirty
- How masturbation can be free and pleasurable and teach us so much about our own bodies
- Women have been conditioned to act as foot soldiers of misogynists and we need to be aware and break free from this
- People often assume that the default sexuality is heterosexuality
- How can we have conversations about sex and sexuality in our household to raise awareness within our family
Natalie Lee began started her blog, Style Me Sunday, in July 2012. It began as a fashion blog but soon evolved as she changed and started to open up about other things like body confidence, mental health and her healing process. For a decade she has grown her platform from a blog to a brand, and now reaches women across various different mediums. Her book ‘Feeling Myself’ is available to buy now.
You can find out more about Natalie by:
Visit her website: www.stylemesunday.co.uk
Check out Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylemesunday
Sarah is an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Tapping Practitioner and Trainer based in the UK but originally from Dublin, Ireland. After the loss of her daughter Alice, in November 2014, suffering from severe PTSD and anxiety, she became pregnant again. This led her to seek help from a local EFT Practitioner. This technique completely transformed her life and she is now dedicated to supporting as many people as possible to let go of their trauma, grief, limiting beliefs and negative emotions, so they can live a heart-based, joy-filled life.
Sarah has a thriving Tapping into Motherhood Membership + Community with members all over the world - the doors are open right now. Find out more here>
Take her 'Motherhood Self-Care Toolkit Quiz' to find out which part of your life needs some self-care attention. Take the Quiz>
She runs retreats, works with clients 1:1 and is also a Trainer, teaching people to become EFT Practitioners.
Find out more at her at www.tappingformums.com or follow her at www.instagram.com/sarah_tobin