🎙 Tapping into Sound with Emma WestApr 11, 2022
In this week's episode, I chat to Dublin based Emma West about how she came to sound as both a healing modality for herself and a career. Emma is gathering groups of like-minded individuals seeking out alternative therapies to help transform their lives. She creates and holds the most beautiful healing space, both indoors and outdoors (in the woods or by the beach). She is most herself recreating the sound of the waves, or twinkling chimes through the forest.
- Learn about Emma's journey to sound, and how music was her escape and her refuge. She felt most at home in the music room as a child.
- As a young single mother, she felt she needed a 'proper job' as an accountant and in the process lost herself.
- The call to be creative, find herself and start to enjoy life became louder and she was drawn back to music.
- Emma started with practitioner bowls, chimes and a hand-held gong...and added crystal bowls and now has so many different instruments.
- Sound brings Emma a sense of peace and calm and brings her back to the present moment.
- Sound is a vibration that raises the frequency of the body helping to release emotions and stresses. It can make people cry and have big shifts in their lives. The vibrations are impacting the water in your body. It brings your body into a deep state of peace that then allows the body to heal itself.
- Sarah shares her own first experience of a sound bath following the loss of her daughter Alice.
- The beauty of sound healing is you can just lie there, allow yourself to receive, you don't need to do anything - "give yourself permission to relax".
- Bowls can be placed on the body in a 1-2-1 session to shift particular blocks in the body. Emma can work through the chakras, do some breathing, and use the gong, but work on the front and back of the body. The body's frequency deep in each cell is raised to the vibration of the bowls.
- Emma brings in her voice to treatments, healings and sound baths - it's one of the most powerful healing tools we have, that we carry around with us.
- Sound is the first sense we experience connecting to the heartbeat of our mother, it is the oldest form of healing.
- Emma shares how she became a practitioner via a diploma.
- We discuss the difference between Tibetan and Crystal Bowls.
- Emma shares how her children love playing with the instruments and sounds.
- You don't need instruments, tune into the sounds around you.
Emma West is a sound healing practitioner and reiki master from Dublin who is passionate about using sound to help you relax your mind and body.
Emma has always been drawn to music and sound from a young age, as a former DJ who had also worked in radio in her 20's, she has always surrounded herself in this space but it was only through her own personal healing journey she realised the true power that sound along with our intention can have.
Sound Healing can bring about profound shifts in our lives, helping to guide you into that space where you can let go of negative thought patterns that you may have been holding onto, slowing down your brain wave state, promoting deep restorative healing on a cellular and emotional level.
By using the sacred sound vibrations of Tibetan and crystal bowls, the gong, drum, voice and more Emma will gently guide you into a peaceful state, holding a safe space for you to release and help bring your body, mind and soul back into its natural state of harmony.
For anyone in Ireland / Europe who is interested in purchasing their own sound healing instruments Emma recommends:
Follow Emma: www.instagram.com/emmawest.ie
Sarah is an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Tapping Practitioner and Trainer based in the UK but originally from Dublin, Ireland. After the loss of her daughter Alice, in November 2014, suffering from severe PTSD and anxiety, she became pregnant again. This led her to seek help from a local EFT Practitioner. This technique completely transformed her life and she is now dedicated to supporting as many people as possible to let go of their trauma, grief, limiting beliefs and negative emotions, so they can live a heart-based, joy-filled life.
Sarah has a thriving Tapping into Motherhood Membership + Community with members all over the world. She runs retreats, works with clients 1:1 and is also a Trainer, teaching people to become EFT Practitioners.
Find out more at her at www.tappingformums.com or follow her at www.instagram.com/sarah_tobin
If you enjoyed our chat today, please leave a rating, a review, follow or subscribe, as each interaction with the podcast helps it reach more people. Thanks for listening!