🎙 Tapping into Exercise with Kelley Connor WalshApr 24, 2022
In the last episode of Season 3, I chat to my friend and 'something in-law' Kelley Connor Walsh!
Kelley runs her own business supporting women through Exercise but she goes much deeper than that helping them to transform their lives in body, mind and soul.
- Kelley talks to us about her childhood and her introduction to exercise as a means to support herself mentally and to help her with the grief of losing her Dad age 26
- She changed her career with a focus on helping people use exercise to help them deal with difficult things in their lives and to help people release the belief that exercise is a punishment
- Physical and mental burnout came as Kelley had a lot on her plate looking after her mum and starting a new career, and doing 8 exercise classes a day.
- Constant Fight, Flight, Freeze caused Kelley to not have a period for three years
- A single traumatic event threw Kelley into a major emotional burnout where she couldn't do anything, which led her to start therapy
- Lockdown forced Kelley to reinvent herself and allowed her to break out of the big gym she ran leading to The Wellness Hub in her back garden
- Kelley shares the spiritual side of herself and has leant on that in the last year with the unfortunate loss of her Mam
- We discuss the loneliness of grief and how she is managing to move through it
- She shares her tips for success with intentions, meditation, breathwork, nature walks, eating right, exercising well, mindfulness practises
- The lesson her Mam taught her and how Kelley is now able to teach that to other women
- Go back to basics and make small changes to make them habit - protein at every meal, lots of fibre, hydrate starting at the beginning of the day, figure out ways to reduce stress (tapping, breathing, journaling, gratitude etc), and as much sleep as you can!
Kelley is trained as a personal trainer and co-ran a major Gym in Dublin. The pandemic gave her an opportunity to change her business model and make changes to her goals leading her to create The Concept her online transformation program and The Wellness Hub in her back garden.
Sarah is an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Tapping Practitioner and Trainer based in the UK but originally from Dublin, Ireland. After the loss of her daughter Alice, in November 2014, suffering from severe PTSD and anxiety, she became pregnant again. This led her to seek help from a local EFT Practitioner. This technique completely transformed her life and she is now dedicated to supporting as many people as possible to let go of their trauma, grief, limiting beliefs and negative emotions, so they can live a heart-based, joy-filled life.
Sarah has a thriving Tapping into Motherhood Membership + Community with members all over the world. She runs retreats, works with clients 1:1 and is also a Trainer, teaching people to become EFT Practitioners.
Find out more at her at www.tappingformums.com or follow her at www.instagram.com/sarah_tobin
If you enjoyed our chat today, please leave a rating, a review, follow or subscribe, as each interaction with the podcast helps it reach more people. Thanks for listening!